How to make kimchi using western type cabbage and not using Chinese cabbage.
1/2 a cabbage, 150g small green onion, 1/2 cup sea salt, a bit of water
1/2 cup powdered red pepper, 3 tablespoons water, 5 tablespoons minced garlic, 3 tablespoons minced ginger, 1/2 cup fish sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 cup water
1. Cut and discard the head of the cabbage and chop the remainder into edible sizes. Sprinkle with salt and water and let it sit for 1~2 hours.
2. Mix the flour with water and stir it over heat until the mixture thickens. Let it cool.
3. Chop the small green onions into 4~5cm pieces.
4. Mix the seasoning ingredients.
5. Run the cabbage under cold water. Dry the cabbage of all moisture and mix it with the seasoning.
6. Mix the small green onions withthe seasoned cabbage. Combine leftover seasoning from the bowl with water and pour it over the kimchi.
7. If you’re cooking this in the summer, ferment it for 10 hours. If it’s winter, ferment it for 2 days and keep it in a refrigerator.